The idea of setting up a state of the art blending plant in Pakistan was conceived in 2013. Stone laying ceremony was conducted by senior vice president of SK Lubricants along with the board of directors of Hi-Tech Lubricants Limited.
The whole idea of setting up a plant in Pakistan was to reduce the cost of lubricants to end customer and create different avenues for marketing. It was decided to produce HDPE bottle/Cap for Lubricants on this plant and local filling by importing finished product in bulk.
This will start a new era for Hi-Tech Lubricants Limited evolving from a trading unit to a manufacturing concern. During that year a lot of effort went into planning, designing, procuring and establishing the right mix for local manufacturing. Some of the key highlights of the plant are:
|Ownership||100% Owned Subsidiary of Hi-Tech Lubricants Ltd|
|Land||29 Acres (116,000sqm) Lahore|
|Blending Capacity||30,000 MT (Per Annum)|
|Tankage||3,600 (KL) / 3,200 MT|
|Blow Moulding||4,000 MT Per Annum|
|Injection Moulding||1,500 MT Per Annum|
|Estimated Completion||Last quarter -2015|
|Commercial Run||First quarter - 2016|
Production Technology & Blending Operation
- Base Oil / Finished Product is acquired in bulk shape from SK lubricants.
- Additives are acquired from contractor in bulk through flow meter.
- Base Oil through flow meter as per requirement in LBO/Formulation sheet is moved from BO storage tank to Blending Kettles.
- Additives through flow meter as per requirement in LBO/Formulation sheet is moved from BO storage tank to Blending Kettles.
- Mixing of all BO and Additives is done as per the required time shown in LBO/Formulation sheet.
- After Mixing Batch samples are sent to Laboratory for Testing.
- After testing and clearance from Laboratory product is transferred to filling Department
General Features of Filling Operation
- Checking of filling orders & line setting of pack size.
- Setting Labeler as required.
- Starting changeover filler set as per required pack size.
- Flushing the filling line with new product to avoid contamination.
- After flushing process sample are sent to laboratory for clearance.
- Setting inkjet printers.
- Starting induction sealer for sealing purpose.
- After clearance from lab the filling process starts.
General Features of Bottles and Cap Production
- Storage of plastic granular and mixing master batch.
- Extrusion blow molding of bottles.
- Stacking of empty bottles.
- Injection molding of caps.
- Stripe insertion in caps.
- Lab test and approval of cap and bottle.
- Transfer of cap and bottle to filling line.